Pages

Friday 24 December 2010

Christmas is coming

Crib at All Saints Church , Fulham, London, awaiting a certain arrival.

May the joy of the angels,
the eagerness of the shepherds,
the perseverance of the wise men,
the obedience of Joseph and Mary,
and the
peace of the Christ child
be yours this Christmas


Shop Window Earl's Court Road , London W8. Real snow on the window ledge - cotton wool in the display

"....What can I give him, poor as I am? If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
if I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
yet what I can I give him: give my heart."


....The heavenly Babe you there shall find
To human view displayed,
All meanly wrapped in swathing bands,
And in a manger laid.”

(
A knitted set of crib characters at a Nursing home in Fleet)







The lovely crib at Trafalgar Square, London, below Nelson's Column



Little Lamb, who made thee
Does thou know who made thee
Gave thee life & bid thee feed?
By the stream & o'er the mead;
Gave thee clothing of delight,
Softest clothing woolly bright;
Gave thee such a tender voice.
Making all the vales rejoice:
Little Lamb who made thee
Does thou know who made thee ?

Little Lamb I'll tell thee,
Little Lamb I'll tell thee;
He is called by thy name,
For he calls himself a Lamb:
He is meek & he is mild,
He became a little child
I a child & thou a lamb,
We are called by His name,
Little Lamb God bless thee,
Little Lamb God bless thee.


The Lamb
William Blake



No comments:

Post a Comment